2009 Ugly Thing US Tour
I've decided to send the "Ugly Thing" on a little trip. His exploits will be chronicled here. Check back often to see where he's been and what he's been up to.
If you would like Ugly Thing to visit you, please see the Rules at the bottom of this page.
June 2, 2009 - Update:
In case you haven't figured it out, all of the photos and other amusing things are on the Ugly Thing 2009 North American Tour group on Facebook.
Reg Wertz was kind enough to scan UT's diary. Here it is in PDF format.
April 2, 2009 - Glencoe, Alabama:
Ugly Thing has just arrived at Logan Moore's house.
March 28, 2009 - Miami:
Ugly Thing is starting his US Tour in Miami, FL. Here are some pics of what he's been doing for the past week.
Next Stops for Ugly Thing
While his itinerary will frequently change, here's a map of where he's been and where he's going:
View Larger Map
View Ugly Thing 2009 US Tour in a larger map
How to be a good host for Ugly Thing:
I'll work on the rules as the need arises.
1. Ugly Thing MUST be at PLUS 2009 in Louisville, KY in July, 2009. If you are not going, you have to guarantee that you will ship him to someone that is going in time for him to make the trip.
2. To have his itinerary include your house, send me an email with your address.
3. It's OK if you want to add a little something to his wardrobe or decorate him within reason. Remember, shipping charges are based on weight so NO CONCRETE!
4. If he arrives at your location damaged, don't bother reporting it to the carrier. Just fix him up as best you can. Soldering, welding, duct-taping are fine. Again, please keep in mind that we don't want him gaining weight as he travels!
5. Keep the box he arrives in if it's still in good condition. This will make your life easier. If you have to re-package him, try to find the smallest box you can safely ship him in.
6. There is no Rule 6.
7. Inside the box you'll find his "Passport". Add your name/city/email to it before sending him on his way.
8. Be creative with your photos/videos. When you are done, email them to me. (Trust me, you'll have my email address before Ugly Thing gets to your house.)
This many people think this is the ugliest Christmas Decoration ever:
This site was last updated 06/02/09